|Seven Enchantments as Important Aspect in Tourism|
Tourism Awareness competition will be held soon in Bali exactly on July 10, 2008. One day after all balinese people choice their candidate of governor. Tanah Lot Tourism Object is one of candidate as delegation from Tabanan regency. Because each regency must determining one of tourism object in their area which fulfill the assesment criteria as delegation on this competition. Assesment based on seven enchantments or known as "Sapta Pesona". The Sapta Pesona sets out the seven charms or attributes (safety, cleanliness, orderliness, comfort, beauty, hospitality, and enchanting memories) which will attract tourists, one of which is neatness.
So in the spirit of state refined standards, the government encourages people to wear white to the temple. They say this is part of an effort to preserve Balinese culture but the irony is that the idea of white as holy is a Western notion. In the Balinese hierarchy of colour, multicolour is ultimately sacred.
Group tourist awareness (Pokdarwis) has been established as moving spirit for tourist development such as the improvement of tourist attractions to socialize the Seven Charms Program (Sapta Pesona) consisting of safety, cleanliness, orderliness, comfort, beauty, hospitality, and enchanting memories. Until 1997/98, there were 921 Pokdarwis throughout Indonesia, or an increase of 71.5% since 1993/94. To encourage domestic tourism, in 1997/98 the Government started to develop tours for senior citizens.
The Tourist Awareness Campaign every year adopted different themes in accordance with the national development rhythm and dynamics. In 1997, the theme was The Year of Cooperatives and Telecommunication and in 1998 the theme was: The Year of Art and Culture.
Basically, the efforts for increasing tourists’ satisfaction concerning their travel experiences are determined by:
2. Clean, fresh, healthy, and pleasant environmental condition, providing more freedom as well as creating peacefulness for the tourists to relax are the important elements of a comfortable recreation area. These elements could be manifested through integrated approaches and undertakings of various parties, especially tourist operators, government, local communities, as well as the tourists.
3. Factors of speed, easiness, clarity, and completeness of information provided on attractions that the tourists really consider unique at each respective destination.
4. Factors of cost, technically feasible condition, as well as ease in obtaining recreational services are the important elements in providing physical facilities for recreation.
5. Capability for explaining the unique characteristics of tourist objects in the area, proficiency in various foreign languages, as well as friendlier attitudes towards tourists, are the main demands for every tourism service people to provide.
6. Enhanced carrying capacity of the government in realizing tourism regulations, developing infrastructure to reach the destinations, as well as promoting orderly services are the factors that also support increased tourists’ satisfaction.
7. Efforts to reinforcing the already existing ‘public policies in tourism’ such as “Sapta Pesona” (Seven Enchantments) and “Sadar Wisata” (Tourism Awareness), as well as improving service quality such as indicated in this research findings, are important demands to support the realization of enhanced tourists’ satisfaction that concerns their travel experiences at certain destinations.